College Football Playoff Foundation Kicks Off Inaugural Extra Yard for Teachers Awareness Week
IRVING, Texas – The College Football Playoff (CFP) and its charitable arm, the CFP Foundation today kicked off Extra Yard for Teachers Awareness Week.
In April of 2014, the CFP Foundation established K-through 12 education as its primary cause with the launch of Extra Yard for Teachers (EYFT). Comprised of four main program components: (1) direct provision of resources, (2) teacher recognition, (3) professional development and leadership training and (4) inspiring a college-going culture, EYFT helped countless teachers in classrooms across America in 2014-15.
In celebration of EYFT, and to spread general awareness, the week of October 5 – 10, has been dedicated to a variety of initiatives.
Elements of EYFT Awareness Week include:
- “Text to Join” campaign, where participants have the chance to win two tickets to the 2016 College Football Playoff National Championship.
- EYFT “college colors” challenges in partnership with the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC.) DonorsChoose.org activation.
- iTeach social storytelling and testimonials. Fundraising events in Dallas and Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Stories from student-athletes and coaches about the positive effects of teachers.
- Teacher-centric social-media content generated by the 128 Football Bowl Subdivision institutions. In-stadium messaging on Saturday, Oct. 10, during selected college football games.
Get involved and stay up to date throughout the week by following @CFBPlayoff (https://twitter.com/CFBPlayoff) and @CFPExtaYard (https://twitter.com/CFPExtraYard) on Twitter, and by visiting www.facebook.com/CollegeFootballPlayoff (https://www.facebook.com/CollegeFootballPlayoff) and http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/eyft-awareness-week (http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/eyft-awareness-week).
About the College Football Playoff Foundation and Extra Yard for Teachers
Extra Yard for Teachers is the College Football Playoff Foundation’s primary philanthropic initiative to honor, celebrate, inspire and empower great teachers nationally and in the communities that host the College Football Playoff. Extra Yard for Teachers seeks to support teachers through the development and implementation of programs in four key focus areas: direct provision of resources, teacher recognition, professional development and leadership training, and by inspiring a college-going culture.
About the College Football Playoff
The College Football Playoff will match the No. 1 seed vs. No. 4, and No. 2 vs. No. 3 in semifinal games that will rotate annually among the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, Goodyear Cotton Bowl, Capital One Orange Bowl, Allstate Sugar Bowl, Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual and Fiesta Bowl. The 2015 semifinals will take place December 31, at the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl. The national championship game will be January 11, 2016, at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.